Thursday, October 26, 2006

I can't believe it's almost Halloween!

well, first of all, i apologize for how long it has taken me to write. i know it sounds like an excuse about being too busy to write but i really have been busy. here is a small list of things/ places i've been doing since the last time i wrote:
1. taught English at the Lincoln School (bulingual school in the city. Payment for 4 hours of teaching on a Saturday morning: a piece of chocolate cake and a glass of iced tea. 2. church 3. working in the clinic- tons- more to come 4. living through another earthquake yesterday- two in fact. 5. translating everything that needs to be in english at the clinic 6. enjoying amber being home- to celebrate- she brought home 15 kids aged 22 months to 11 years saturday night to spend the night 7.tutoring two students in english 8.but the biggest thing has been the start of the project at the clinic with Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM). Each month they send 3-4 medical student for a month at a time for a third world medicine adventure. since i am the onyl english speaker and medical person there most of the time i have a huge responsibility in this project. not only in translating but in being a tour guide, taxi driver, mentor, nurse, etc. don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining but i'm tired. i really enjoy getting to know the med students but think that sometimes i need some help with it all. it can be a little overwhelming but there is no doubt in my mind, heart, and soul that God is not using me here. i love this work. i want this project to go well. i think there were 2 days in the past month that i had to myself. carlos, the young director of the clinic, helps but is always busy. Especially on the weekends, it would be nice to have a little down time. carlos is also the youth minister at his church and does not have time to help out on the weekends and it's my responsibility to "entertain" the students. last month i took them to Valle de Angeles, Sta. Lucia, La Tigra, grocery shopping, Pricesmart, touring hospitals and clincs, going to movies, mall, shopping, eating, to my house- esp to watch america's next top model (Camille), etc. AND the airport, it's pretty sad when all the airport people know you. i was at the airport over 5 hours yesterday alone- three seperate trips. the new group arrived this afternoon and are relaxing in the apartment before dinner in an hour. please pray that GOd will continue to me here and give me strength. and support if it's his will. also, for my granddaddy. he's not doing too well. i pray that God will allow me to be there when he needs me to be. love to all. Dios les bendiga. God Bless you all.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola! Thanks for calling me last night. It was good to talk to you. I am especially glad to know that you are able to watch Seventh Heaven! We all miss you and are ready for you to come home! Six months is too long for me to go without my Erin time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home