Monday, July 17, 2006

Last day in the States

well, the time is almost here. of course, i haven't packed but have bought all those last minute items that i always think i need (but hardly ever use). anyway, this weekend's Saturday's Tennessean paper had an article on my mission trips to honduras. (see http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006607150334 ). it was rewarding to see my work noticed in such a public way but also feeling of wrong came surging over me. doing God's work is reward enough and having it displayed for all of nashville to see hurt my feevle attempts to be humble over the matter. I suppose if it gave light to the clinic and the that continues there it is worth it. I was unhappy with a few things. the picture that took forever to make doesn't even look like me. i look really distorted and was misquoted. First of all, i am a gringa, not gringo! and i do not recall sounding like a mentally challenged person by saying really, really, scary! honestly! anyway, it was overall a good article and that's what i am trying hard to focus on. well, the time has come- i should start to think what i need to take! the next post will be from tegucigalpa, honduras.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home